Saturday, August 16, 2008

1000 Gifts

My days are rushed and hurried and it seems that giving thanks is often at the bottom of my list. But, I know that we are called to do this. And we are privileged to do this.

Today - I will begin my list of 1000 things to be thankful for.
The expected. The unexpected. The shiny and pretty, the cold and ugly. The given things, the growing things. The lines from the story book of my life are gifts.
Today, Father, I will begin to give daily gratitude for things great and small.
Let nothing go unseen. Amen.


Will you join me?
Tear off a scrap of paper, pull out a new journal. Begin your list, too.

a quiet morning

warm sunshine

another birthday, another year

warm breakfast

hot coffee

a husband loving children

dinner with a friend. sans children

a class, a gift

a hot shower

No comments: